Wednesday, April 07, 2010

read-a-thon

well, it is that time of year again. and i have decided to participate in ...




we (dh and i) participated this time last year, but unfortunately missed the one in the fall. i seem to have acquired a pile of half read books, and am hoping to work on some of those, as well as get to a couple i have been looking forward to. this time, i am going to take sponsors, with the funds going to my local library's literacy program. (if you want to sponsor me, i would love it, i am still looking for people!) it should be great. i am already loaded up on coffee and chocolate from easter. last time we fell asleep after about 21 and a half hours... hoping to make it all the way this time.

if you want to join, it's not too late, it starts Saturday (at 6am my time, but that varies depending where you live). you can still go to http://24hourreadathon.com/ and sign up. =D

2 comments:

Anna said...

Have fun! My daughter and I will be participating together again.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Lissa said...

That is great! i think it is so much fun with a partner. I;ll try and drop by and cheer you on. interesting to see what you guys read this year =D