Friday, April 16, 2010

If You Could See Me Now



MINI REVIEW

Title: If You Could See Me Now

Author: Cecelia Ahern

Date Finished: March 29, 2010

Personal Book Count: 14 out of 100

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: fiction

First Line: It was a Friday morning in June when I first became best friends with Luke.

Why did I pick this book?: I had really enjoyed P.S. I Love You and wanted to try more of Ahern’s work.

Summary and Review: It seems like I have read a lot of books about imaginary friends lately. This one has a twist, where the imaginary friend is there for the child as well as for his aunt whom he lives with. I love the playfulness which Ahern gives to Ivan and all the other imaginary friends. I am still saying things like “____ is my new favorite thing.”. There was several parts I found myself reading out loud to my husband (a sure sign of a funny book in our home). It made me miss Ireland, and want to go back and explore again someday. The book was very descriptive and visual in parts of it’s writing. It made me wish in part to have an imaginary friend as an adult, and just as glad that I don’t need one. It was quite different from what I expected after reading PSILY, but charming in it’s own right. I can’t wait to see what my next Ahern read brings. =D

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: