Friday, July 24, 2009

Bridal Jitters




Title: Bridal Jitters


Author: Jayne Castle


Date Finished: July 12, 2009


Personal Book Count: 47 out of 100


Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: romance/ paranormal

First Line: “So, is it true what they say about Ghost-hunters?” Adeline Delmore leaned close and lowered her voice as she helped herself to another orange-frosted cookie.

Summary: taken from the website-

“Virginia Burch, a psychic archaeologist, can't believe her luck when she meets Sam Gage, a ghost-hunter and owner of prime real estate in the Old Quarter of Cadence, above the Dead City. He offers her his space to live and start up her business. What follows is an even more intriguing proposal--to become his wife. Strictly for professional reasons, of course...

Their marriage of convenience would lead to a very lucrative business partnership, Gage & Burch Consulting. Until something throws a wrench into the plan: the undeniably sensual energy that exists between them--and a love so strong it could wake the ghosts below...”


Why did I pick this book? : I read another book in the series; I think it was about the fifth. I thought I should go back and start from the beginning.


Review: This one was more of a novella, just over 100 pages I think. In fact, I had trouble finding the book on its own, and had to track it down as part of another book with another story of Castles. I liked it, because it was suspenseful and romantic, all the things you would expect, but it also covered a lot of background, and explained a lot of stuff for such a tiny book. And I’m sure a lot of it was covered in the last one I read, but the refresher was nice. I do wish I had read this one first, instead of starting at the middle, but it was worth going back for it. Definitely looking forward to reading more about this world castle has created. =D

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: