Saturday, November 29, 2008



Title: Some Like it Hot-Buttered

Author: Jeffrey Cohen

Date Finished: November 28, 2008

Personal Book Count: 72/100

Rating: 4/5

Genre/ Subject: mystery

First Line: The guy in row S, seat 18 was dead all right.

Summery: The owner of an all comedy movie theater finds a dead body in his theater one night after a movie. When one of his employees is accused, he starts to investigate on his own.

Why did I pick this book? : I picked this one because I had heard of it on a couple blogs and the title stuck in my head, and then saw a copy at the library. It sounded like the type of light, funny mystery that I generally like.

Review: It was a light funny, mystery, with another amateur sleuth. I really enjoyed the premise of this one, as an ex-writer, movie theater owner, he brought a unique perspective. On the most part, it was cute, and stayed light and kept me grinning. I did have a few laugh-out-loud moments, and couldn’t resist even reading the funnier bit to DH. I did get tired of hearing about the ‘very green door’ and about him constantly putting on and taking off his front bike tire. But overall I really enjoyed it, and would definitely read more by this author, and recommend this to others who enjoy some of the ‘lighter’ mysteries as I do.

Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. =D

No comments: