Monday, March 27, 2006

This weekend was amazing! I don’t know if it was because it was my first, or if it is always like this, but I could easily get use to these retreats! The more the better! LOL

My friend S and I left town about 1:00 on Friday, and after a quick stop at Starbucks for a treat for the car, we got out of the city quickly. We drove for about an hour, and found the hotel fairly easily. It was a little foggy, so we couldn’t see the mountains till we were right in them, but a nice drive none the less.

We went in the hotel and it was too early to check in, so we went down to the conference room and meet some of the ladies (there were about 25 of us in total, that is a quarter for the guild!), and got right down to knitting for a couple of hours.

We checked in, and had a wonderful room with a fireplace and a Jacuzzi tub, and I would recommend staying at the green gables to anyone, and wish I had more time to spend in the room!

We went back to the conference room, and knit till supper. All our paid for meals were in the French restaurant, and they served us a great 3 course turkey dinner. Then you know what we did? We knit till about 10:00 when it was time for bed.

Saturday we got up and had a nice continental break fast at about 7:30, and went to the room to discover, there were already some of the ladies, hard at work knitting. We were sure if they went to bed or not ;)

We went back to knitting (are you surprised?) and were talking about what we were going to do with our day. A couple of the other ladies at the same table had about the same plan, and best yet, they knew where the yarn store (Jen by the Fjord (sorry, I couldn’t find a link)) so we went together.

About 11:00 we hit the yarn store, and spent about an hour there, touching, and dreaming, and flipping through books, and talking to a lovely lady who turned out to be the owner. When we finally wandered off, this is what I had acquired…

4 skeins of sock yarn (I know I’m obsessed, and I had actually thought I could make it through the weekend without…) 2 sets of casein needles, and 2 sets of bamboo needles. There was also a stitch holder. I realize that this picture is missing some of this, but I’m afraid that it is already in use.

Then we had a light lunch of soup and sandwiches in a coffee shop we found. We went on to wander in to stores like the lavender store, the kitchen gadget store, the hardware store, the fudge store, and anything else that tickled our fancy along the way.

We were back to the hotel by 2:00, to knit for a couple hours, before birthday cake at 4:00 and a 3 course roast beef dinner at 6:30.

After dinner, I finished my hat…

…and that was about all I could take before my eyes closed. S went to walk on the treadmill in the exercise room for half an hour and I went to soak in the Jacuzzi. I manage to hurt a muscle in my shoulder getting in to the tub. I think I was tight from so much knitting.

We were probably in bed but 10:30, and I couldn’t keep my eyes open to even read a couple pages.

This is getting a little long, so I think I’ll tell you all about Sunday tomorrow…

No comments: