Monday, January 09, 2006

Sock Day!

I have officially decided that today will be sock day, complete with sock updates.

I know that I said I was gonna work on “the list”, but I couldn’t resist. It was taunting me. It was so soft. Just a few rows. Yeah right. The next thing I knew I was on done the cuff.*



It’s pretty isn’t it? If you know me, you know I have… um… issues with purple. But it was so soft, and worked up so nicely, that I kept going. The one problem would be my tension. I have never been able to get the whole tension issue together when working with more then one color. Maybe I need to take a class, or practice more or something. The thing with that is that I understand the concept, I just can’t make my hands do it. As pretty as it was, it wouldn’t fit further then half way up my foot. I don’t know any girls between the ages of 2 and 20 that they might fit, so I don’t see proceeding. I could rip them back and try and put a small gold pattern in them, or just make ankles with the purple. Not a fan of the colour, but like the weight and the softness. It’s cascade 220 wool. Thought about trying to dye it, but it’s such a dark purple, would it really be worth it. I’m trying to decide if I can live with it, or if the finished socks should go to someone else. I guess I have decided not to decide, and wait a while for inspiration.

My green sock of the month socks are coming nicely. Almost done the gusset. At least it is something easy to work on, while I wait… (No, I’m not mentioning the BW again ;>)*



Toe up socks… well, they haven’t been touched still, but I do like to just look at them every once in a while, and I will finish. They did need an update picture and a mention as they ARE socks.*



Now that that is out of the way, on to the news. Life around here has been busy. The Christmas rush is over, but hubby has decided to switch jobs. He was happy enough with the job he had, but then his dream job came up, and they were REALLY interested in having him work there, so he couldn’t refuse. They are paying more of his education, and a higher salary as well as benefits right away, so he is excited. I hate this period of uncertainty that comes with major life change, but he is really happy, and it’s not as bad as last time.

Hubby and I have kind of kept to ourselves since Christmas, recovering I guess. Mainly movies nights and taking the decorations down, and just enjoy being with each other doing dumb things like reading side by side or playing bored games, and cleaning things out for the New Year. My mom always says she thinks I am Scottish, because I do my spring cleaning at this time.

Have you read the Jasper Fford books? They are very funny. I don’t know how I would describe them. Not really mysteries. Science fantasy? With lots of humor twisted in. The main character in a law enforcement officer named Thursday who works and sometimes lives INSIDE books. She encounters people/characters such as Hamlet, Mrs. Tiggy-winkle, Mrs, Habersham, and the Cheshire cat. If you like to read, it is defiantly worth checking out. I would suggest you start with The Eyre Affair, or it can be a little confusing. I finished Something Rotten this weekend.

I got installment one of the belated Christmas presents today, but you will have to wait until tomorrow for pictures. :D Night all!

* Sorry about the pictures of my scratched coffee table in the background. Who knew the new camera was THAT good?

No comments: