Wednesday, January 11, 2006

christmas pressies...

Hey, here is a Christmas update like I promised. I got some of cash for Christmas, so what did I spend it on? Knitting stuff of course. Unfortunately, I bought stuff from a lot of different places, so here is the first package that arrived.



I got a set of sock blockers (to the complete and total confusion of my husband). In Not Just Socks, I have already found about 3 patterns I’m ready to try. Now I just have to finish a pair of socks so I have needles the right size to cast on with. The last is The Knitters Handy Book of Sweater Patterns by Ann Budd. I am already in love with this book. It has patterns for any sweater imaginable, from child to large adult. All you do is pick your size, style and gauge and find the number on the grid. It is loads of fun, has clear instructions and is not hard to follow at all. I have already cast on a mini-sweater with drop shoulders. I would have taken pictures, but right now it’s just a rectangle, and not all that exciting yet. It will be though, and pictures will come. I think I will have to check out the other book by this author, similar concept, but with accessories.

What? I wasn’t supposed to cast anything new on? Surely that doesn’t apply to Christmas presents… especially when you are using stash…

No comments: