Sunday, November 27, 2005

meme for me...

I've been tagged with a meme by Gwen I was going to post it last week, but decided that the breast cancer post, although more depressing, was more important, so it got to go first. Now some fun stuff. :)

What is your favorite yarn to knit with? Right now I'm in to socks, so I'd have to say Lorna's laces sock, or opal. I also made a scarf I'm quite fond of with some noro silk garden, and though not as soft as I expected, it was fun to knit with, as the colors were beautiful and I liked seeing it knit up.

What's the worst thing you've ever knit? I originally thought knitting would be fun, because I could make those cute "bubbly" slippers that grandmas make. You know, the phentex ones? Not the project you want to learn to knit with, as it is slippery, splits, and feels horrible. (At least it was cheap). I never did get enough tension to make the gathers or bubbles. Yep, gotta say it's phentex, although, that cheap acrylic that comes in the huge balls is probably a close second.

Most valuable technique – I think it has to be the ability to turn a heel. I took a sock knitting class, and I think I would have gotten overwhelmed and quit if I didn't have anyone to walk me through the turning the heel and picking up the stitches and the gusset. Now it's one of my most often done, and favorites.

Your most favorite knitting pattern - I'm going to have to say the basic sock pattern because it is the one I make the most.

Favorite Knitwear designer – I don't really pay attention. Isn't that horrible? But I don't know that I can tell you the designer of most of the stuff I made. Not the way my brain fires I guess. That stuff doesn't stick.

Best Knitting Magazine - Interweave. Good designs, that I find tasteful. Fun assortment of projects. A lot of patterns in sizes I can wear.

Favorite Book – I assume this is favorite knitting book. I have about 3 I like and use regularly, if I had to pick my favorite, I'm going to say Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch. Although these days Knitted Babes by Claire Garland is a close second.

Your Favorite Knit Blogs- All the knit blogs that I drop in on regularly are listed on the left side. Don't know if I can pick a favorite.

Knit item you wear the most – I wear socks regularly, but once again I try to be fair and rotate. (I know, I'm such a geek. Can you tell that I have my training in education?)

I'm going to tag Christy and Nann.

Next week, finished objects!

No comments: