Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Busy but sad couple of days.

DH’s grandpa died yesterday morning. This has not been a good year, first his grandma in the spring an then my grandpa and his in the past month. Not a good experience once, but to have to do it 3 times in 6 months has been horrible. It really makes you appreciate what you do have, and reflect a little on the good and bad…

On the bright side DH has been home with me, watching movies and being sad, and eating, and basically sitting on the couch for 2 days, so a lot has been done on the knitting front. I finished another little bear, for a little friend of mine that I see once a week (are you sick of these yet?) I made his body a lot shorter; as I was afraid I would run out of yarn, but now he looks a little like a star fish. I still like him, and my friend will love him.


I finished my pair of felted clogs from this weekend’s class, and am felting them as I type. I’m so excited, that I’m not sure that I can wait until they dry! I have also changed my mind. I had started a pair of thrum slipper for my nephew for Christmas, but had to put them on hold until I had his exact foot measurement. Now I think I like these better, they were way more quick and fun, so this is what he will get I think. Well see how easy they are to felt first though. And then that raises another question, do I felt them first and guess his foot size, or do I give them to him unfelted, and we do it together? This might take more thought…


I have also finished my first Babe! Her name is Ginger. Now, out of respect for her privacy, I have only taken a picture of her top half, as I’m sure you will understand. She still needs clothes. But we have a long weekend coming up, and I don’t see being in the mood to go out and do anything (other then the obligatory dinner at parents) but staying home watching TV and being creative sounds just about right…


If I don’t talk to ya happy Canadian Thanksgiving, and safe travels to any one on the roads…

No comments: