Sunday, October 02, 2005

and she'll have fun, fun, fun...

Today was totally fun. I spent the day at my LYS taking a class. I was on making felted clogs. I have felted before, but this was fun as all I have done is purses, that really don’t need to fit. Else was a wonderful teacher, who taught us many things, and many ways of doing things we already knew. And I really appreciated her teaching style. It was very much, “ok start, and let me know when and if you run into to a problem…” I have taken classes where something is demonstrated, and then you have the opportunity to try, but that way, everyone needs to knit at the same speed. Although it defiantly has it place if you are learning some thing tricky like sock making, “show then do” reinforces what you are learning, and caters to many learning styles, so I do see it’s benefit. Any how, I choose pink (because I’m all about the pink this year, and this is actually for me…) Here is a picture of my first clog, just missing the bottom sole (there is supposed to be two…(soles I mean, not clogs))

I also finished another bear. Little and quick…



I knit the front half of a Babe last night while watching a movie, but it’s curly and not very exciting, so you will have to wait until there is more done for a photo…

No comments: