Friday, July 01, 2011

10 books to movies I want to read this summer

So, I have been looking over my bookshelves and thinking about what I have got, and what I want to read this summer. I am noticing a trend. Books I got because I wanted to read them before the movie came out, and books that I own, that I wanted to read, but for whatever reason, never got around to. Now they are being made into a movie, and I want to read them before I see the movie (some are out, some are long out, and some are in the works.) I think we all know how the to-be-read pile can stack up and get away from us. So, I found a list of 10. Now I did find more, but some were TV series, mini series, or just didn’t fit for some reason (note to self- maybe a good post for next week), I went with the 10 best. In no particular order… (Ok, a lie, turns out, it’s in alphabetical order…)

10 Books to movies I want to read this summer

  1. The Bourne Identity by Robert Ludlum- older, but I hear a good one.
  2. The Dragon Tattoo series by Stieg Larsson- I saw the other day another version of this is coming out? And I have yet to see one in any language, and have only read the first.
  3. Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert- um, Julia Roberts… ‘nuff said…
  4. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk- ok, I think this one I let myself get talked into, but now I kind of want to challenge myself and push through.
  5. I am Number Four by Pittacus Lore (side note: seriously? This is a pseudonym for 2 authors, one of which is the guy who wrote A Million Little Pieces? Weird) – a lot of hype for both the movie and the book. Some good, some bad for each. Now I want to read and see both, and decide for myself if I agree with ‘people’.
  6. The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan – Y.A?!? Greek gods!?! Bring it on!
  7. Like Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen- was actually a gift from my M.I.L. a couple years ago. And despite RP, the movie looks wonderful.
  8. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Picoult- always wanted to try Picoult. Someone told me this was the one to start with.
  9. Something Borrowed by Emily Giffin- ok. I confess. I love chick-lit. Yet despite being a Kate Hudson fan, not excited about the movie. Books should be great though. (I hope)
  10. The Stephanie Plum Series by Janet Evanovich- ok. I have read most of these. These would be re-reads, so maybe they don’t completely fit, but I have been looking forward to the movie since I heard someone bought the rights YEARS ago. So you will forgive me slipping this one in. SO EXCITED.

Will I get through all of these? Probably not. But it nice to have goals and something to aim for. Some of these have been on my shelf for a LONG time. These are the ones that I own. What do you think? Did I miss any? Are there any movies coming out, or that have come out, that I MUST read the book first? What would you add if you were making this list for yourself?

(See? A book related post that is not a review! Aren’t you proud of me? =D)

2 comments:

Lissa said...

adding brick lane by monica ali to the list

Lissa said...

oh-oh... found another one to add to my list. it's Sarah's Key by Tatiana De Rosney.