Monday, July 19, 2010

Mourning in Miniature



MINI REVIEW

Title: Mourning in Miniature

Author: Margaret Grace

Date Finished: June 25, 2010

Personal Book Count: 30 out of 100

Rating: DNF

Genre/ Subject: mystery

First Line: I maneuvered through the store’s narrow, crowded aisle carrying a loaded plastic basket on my arm.

Why did I pick this book?: caught my eye at the library, when I was on a themed mystery reading kick

Summary and Review: taken from goodreads.com-

“Miniaturist Gerry Porter has been looking forward to her thirtieth high school reunion. But when a former athlete is murdered, Gerry must employ all her skills to reconstruct the scene of the crime.”

This is one I tried really hard to finish. I really wanted to like it. But then I figured out I was more into the craft then the mystery, so I was done. I did like the snoopy grandma angle. And enjoyed her interactions with her granddaughter and nephew. Didn’t really buy her relationships with friends, and how those affected her decisions. But maybe if I started earlier in the series it would have made sense. I think the biggest plus/ minus of this book for me, would be yet another new hobby.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: