Thursday, July 08, 2010

Heat Wave





Title: Heat Wave

Author: Richard Castle

Date Finished: June 6, 2010

Personal Book Count: 28 out of 100

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: mystery

First Line: It was always the same for her, when she arrived to meet the body.

Why did I pick this book?: the series is one of DH my favorites.

Summary and Review: taken from goodreads.com-

“Mystery sensation Richard Castle, blockbuster author of the wildly best-selling Derrick Storm novels, introduces his newest character, NYPD Homicide Detective Nikki Heat. Tough, sexy, professional, Nikki Heat carries a passion for justice as she leads one of New York City's top homicide squads. She's hit with an unexpected challenge when the commissioner assigns superstar magazine journalist Jameson Rook to ride along with her to research an article on New York's Finest. Pulitzer Prize-winning Rook is as much a handful as he is handsome. His wise-cracking and meddling aren't her only problems. As she works to unravel the secrets of the murdered real estate tycoon, she must also confront the spark between them. The one called heat.”

If you like the TV series, Castle, I think you will like this book. Although the characters have different names, I found I could recognize, and picture, many of the characters. It is set-up like an episode. But you don’t need to have seen the series to be able to follow the book, or appreciate the mystery part of it. It is a short book, at only 196 pages. It is obvious to me that the writer knows quite a bit about New York, and makes it almost a character to itself, building specifics into the story. As opposed to some authors that use more of an imaginary New York. I appreciated the author’s choice to do a good complete wrap up. It was a satisfying ending. Immediately when I finished, I wanted to read another one. I can WAIT for the second book.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D
 

No comments: