Monday, March 22, 2010

Sundays at Tiffany's- mini review

Sorry guys. I am a bit behind again. Was dragged under when DH had his appendix out, and was home for over a week. Since then I have been playing catch-up with the house and work. But now I think I'm ready to get back to (and have time for) the hobby part of my life. To bad it's the fun stuff that always gives, maybe when we need it the most, but that is the way it seems to work... anyhow, be a little patient with me as I get back into it, mkay? thx! =D




MINI REVIEW

Title: Sundays at Tiffany’s mini-review

Author: James Patterson

Date Finished: February 12, 2010

Personal Book Count: 9 out of 100

Rating: 4 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: fiction

First Line: Michael was running as fast as he could, racing down thickly congested streets toward New York Hospital- Jane was dying there- when suddenly a scene from the past came back to him, a dizzying rush of overpowering memories that nearly knocked him out of his sneakers.

Why did I pick this book? : Huge fan of James Patterson, and really enjoyed Sam’s Letters to Jennifer and Suzanne’s Diary for Nicholas.

Summary and Review: Jane has an imaginary friend as a child (Michael), who leaves her when she turns nine. They meet again as adults, and reconnect. I really enjoyed the way this story covered their time together, and apart. Especially as it was told from both their point of views. When you hear the synopsis, it sounds cheesy, and very out there, and yet somehow it worked. Was an easy fast read. I bought it when it first came out with a large order of other books, but never got to it. Although I enjoyed it, I’m not sure it was $30 worth. If I had it to do again, I probably would get the paperback. But with that said, this one is one I will keep, and I do that with very few of my books.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: