Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder



MINI REVIEW

Title: Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Author: Joanne Fluke

Date Finished: February 25, 2010

Personal Book Count: 10 out of 100

Rating: 4 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: mystery

Why did I pick this book?: Heard a lot about the series, and I tend to be a fan of cozy mysteries, so when my library had the first in the series in, I thought maybe it was time.

Summary and Review: When I heard about this book, I thought, oh, great, another foodie mystery. I read Diane Mott Davidson, and that was enough for me, thank you very much. But I guess you could say the bright covers kept calling to me at the library. So when I saw the first, I figured why not? I could always quit at any time if I was bored or if something else came along. Well, Fluke managed to suck me in quite quickly. I love her relationship with her cat, coffee, but especially her mother. Even the mystery was interesting enough to hook me rather quickly. Did have to suspend my disbelief a couple time through the book. (really? The cop is getting help from his SIL the baker?) I will be reading the second (and have in fact already picked it up) as it was light and quick, and I want to see where this romance triangle goes.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: