Monday, February 08, 2010

Before I Forget- mini review



MINI REVIEW

Title: Before I Forget

Author: Melissa Hill

Date Finished: January 27, 2010

Personal Book Count: 6 out of 100

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: fiction

First Line: No doubt Kieran was already at the church, anxiously awaiting her arrival, and joking with best man Ger to disguise his nerves.

Why did I pick this book? : I had seen it in the bookstore, and almost bought it twice, so when I can across it in the library, I grabbed it to read.

Summary and Review: After breaking up with her boyfriend, the main character suffers a head injury which causes her to lose bits of her memory. The rest of the book is about her trying to learn how to live with her new injury. I enjoyed this one, even if I found it predictable in parts. I saw the end coming, although I really wasn’t sure how we were going to get there. Some of the characters I found two dimensional, but I enjoyed her interactions with them none the less. I like the idea of her ‘bucket list’. I think this book would make a great movie.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: