Monday, February 09, 2009

The 4 Day Diet




Title: The 4 Day Diet

Author: Ian K. Smith, M.D.

Date Finished: February 9, 2009

Personal Book Count: 12 out of 100

Rating: 4 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: Diet/ Health

First Line: Losing weight is 80 percent mental and 20 percent physical.

Summery: This diet is broken into 4 day segments where the types of foods you eat change every 4 days.

Why did I pick this book? : I had done one of the authors previous diets and had successful results. When I saw this book, I decided it was one I could follow, so I decided to give it a try.

Review: I am finding this book hard to review. Do I judge it on if I enjoyed the read, or if I lost weight? Well, I decided I should finish the book before I started the diet, so I have yet to lose any weight (but I did start this morning, and am so far, not struggling to follow it.) It was easy to read, easy to follow (the book itself), and educating. It was inspiring, and I think when I get stuck, if I go back and read some, it will be motivational. It was well laid out, and the ‘rules’ are clear. It is full of examples and anecdotes. It has pages of recipes, many of which look yummy, and you are allowed snacks, which there is also several pages of choices. And not all vegetables. Some of the snacks are also protein or carbs. My one big complaint would be that, the charts and diagrams seem to be stuck in randomly. Often they are paragraphs, or even pages later then the corresponding paragraph. Not unsinkable, but it did irritate me.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I would have grabbed it on the title alone...lol! :)