Sunday, December 21, 2008



Title: School for Husbands

Author: Wendy Holden

Date Finished: December 21, 2008

Personal Book Count: 77 out of 100

Rating: 3 out of 5

First Line: Sophie twisted around. Relief flooded through her. People had turned up.

Summery:

Sophie’s not happy with her husband. Mark works late, never phones and leaves all the housework and childcare to her. She’s also sure he’s up to something with his sexy publishing colleague. Things come to a head and she moves back to her parents. Her mother never liked Mark anyway.

Desperate to save his marriage, Mark enrolls at the ‘School for Husbands’, a residential college which transforms pathetic partners into husbands for heaven. Classes include love skills, sparkling conversation and the finer points of chocolate. But will this be enough to reunite him with Sophie? Especially now a rich old flame is after her…

Why did I pick this book? : The description on the back sounded cute, and it looked all new and shiny on the shelf, and called ‘take me home…’.

Review: This one took me a couple of tried to get into. And when I got half way through, I had to set it aside for some library books. It was an amusing, original story, with a lot of “English-isms” through out. I believe (but I could be wrong in this, if anyone knows for sure, please tell me) that the is a more Americanized version out there. Same plot, but different names, etc. I thought it was a pleasant way to pass the time between books, but I think my next Holden will be a library book.

Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. =D

No comments: