Tuesday, December 09, 2008



Author: John Green

Date Finished: December 8, 2008

Personal Book Count: 74/100

Rating: 3 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: YA

First Line: The way I figure it, everyone gets a miracle.

Summery: From dust jacket- Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelmanfrom afar so when she cracks open and window and climbs back into his life- dressed like a ninja and summoning him for a n ingenious campaign of revenge- he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, had now become a mystery, but Q soon leans that there are clues- and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees the girl he thought he knew.

Why did I pick this book? : I think I saw reviews for this one on a book blog.

Review: I like that the action started right away (on page 5). I like that there were enough clues to keep the mystery moving forward. I like that there were enough other story lines to keep the mystery from getting boring. I like that the relationships seemed ‘real’ in the way they called each other on their crap, and it wasn’t all “la-di-da, let’s through everything else out the window, regardless of the consequences, cause it’s a book about a mystery, so that is all that is important.” With that said, I wasn’t a big fan of the ending. It was true to the story, and couldn’t have ended any other way (in my opinion), but somehow it felt unfinished. Like either there wasn’t quite enough, or maybe there was just a little too much. I know that is confusing if you haven’t read it, and I can’t tell any more without spoilers, but does anyone else who has read the book agree? I would be VERY interested in your thoughts.


Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. =D

No comments: