Thursday, December 04, 2008



Title: Losing It- And Gaining My Life Back One Pound at a Time

Author: Valerie Bertinelli

Date Finished: December 4, 2008

Personal Book Count: 73/100

Rating: 4 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: autobiography

First Line: Some people measure depression by the medication they take or the number of time per week they see a therapist.

Summery: Her life from when and why she started to take acting classes, to One Day at a Time to her marriage to Eddie Van Halen through their marriage and all her made for TV movies, to Touched by an Angel her divorce and her spokes person job for Jenny Craig.

Why did I pick this book? : I saw her on a couple of talk shows and was interested.

Review: I always liked her bubbly personality, and she always seems like such a kind and friendly person. It was interesting to read the good, the bad, and the ugly. There were many things about her life that I could relate to. But also, there was enough of that start factor, that is totally different from how I could ever imagine living, and kept me turning the pages. She writes as I would imagine her speaking to me, and it is easy and even comfortable read. You could almost see your self sitting at her kitchen table and having a cup of coffee and becoming friends. You find yourself empathizing with her and cheering her on (you go girl!). And all the people she works with and the names she talks about… every night when DH came home I was saying “Did you know she dated…” or “did you know she knew...” I’m gonna make you read it, if you wanna find out who :P
Defiantly worth the read.

Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. =D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've been looking at this book! Thanks for the review. :)