Thursday, December 04, 2008

I don’t usually discuss politics. Truth be, told I’m not that in to politics.

I am against a coalition. How is that democratic?

I’m not so big on the idea of, what do they call it? Suspending parliament either. Waste of time and money. On the other hand, if it gives some time for cooler heads to prevail, OK.

ETA- just read that PM Harper got his wish to suspend until the new year. It will be interesting to see what happens from here.

Re-vote? Um, no. Why should we waste the time and money? Ya know what? There are a little over 33 million people in Canada. Everyone already had they say. We voted. We chose. Correct me if I’m wrong, but there are 308 seats in parliament. I know they are elected to represent us, but you know what? I’m not of the belief that 308 people should over turn the decision made by the rest of Canada 2 months ago (I know there are reasons that a non-confidence vote should be applied, and it has it’s place in our democratic process. I just don’t believe this is it.) And yes, I can see the other side. I just don’t agree with it.

Or like DH said last night after the news. The reason Dion’s speech was late last night, is they had trouble getting the tape in. Do we really want this guy making major decisions, when he can’t get his speech organised and in on time?

And the worst part about all this? We look like absolute fools, to the rest of the world.

OK, rant over. But, I guess that’s what blogs are for ;)

I’ll be back later (or tomorrow), with a book review, after I let this go. Until then, I’m going to read, relax and try and think happy thoughts.

And no picture, cause I’m being a grump :P

No comments: