Monday, December 29, 2008




Title: The Last Summer (of You & Me)

Author: Ann Brashares

Date Finished: December 24, 2008

Personal Book Count: 78 out of 100

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

First Line: Annie waited for Paul on the ferry dock.

Summery: The relationship between 2 sisters and a neighbor boy from the beach side summer homes. Covers a period of a little over a year, with the 3 of them now adults in their early 20’s. Don’t want to tell too much more, for fear of letting something slip!

Why did I pick this book? : I remember it being very largely hyped when it was released, and I had really enjoyed The Sister’s of the Travelling Pants series.

Review: Although it is very different from The Sister’s of the Travelling Pants I still really enjoyed this book. It was a nice light, easy read. And despite the fact I predicted where the story was going; I still really enjoyed the ride. I found Alice (who I always want to call Annie?) really easy to relate to. Paul’s motivations were a bit harder to follow, but as long as you could hold on for the ride, it was fine. A nice beach read to take me out of the yucky snowy, cold weather.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. =D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've had this on my to-read list for a while and am looking forward to it.