Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Today is ick, so I decided it was a good day to blog…





We actually hit 11 degrees Celsius, so I guess I can’t complain too loudly, as DH told me we weren't going to break 10. No rain though, so whoo hoo!





The neighbors have stacked about half a dozen wooden pallets outside my window. Not like my view was the best any way, but now instead of looking at a concrete wall and a green bush, half my view is dirty, rotting wood. I hope it doesn’t stay there long…





We have been staying in most evenings around here, and getting most stuff done on weekends, and then I have been doing a lot of the work stuff (out of house) on my own in the afternoon. It’s nice because I have been getting some knitting/crocheting and reading done. I am partly dreading October when DH goes back to school again, on top of working full time, and doing the books for me part time. We have a pretty good rhythm going now, and I can see it being twice and stressful with Christmas thrown in.





I don’t have a lot of pictures right now, because most of what I’m working on are Christmas gift, but I’ll try and give you a sneak peak every once in a while…





Right now I’m am reading 3 different books. The first is The Horse and His Boy by C.S. Lewis. If what I normally read in brain candy, this feels like vegetables. I don’t know if I would read it, but I want to read Prince Caspian, and I feel like I need to read this one first. So I try and read a few pages a day. It’s the big The Chronicles of Narnia edition, so it’s a bit heavy to carry around. I figure if I read it a little at a time, I eventually be through it. Then, as a reward for reading my little every day, I am reading Killjoy by Julie Garwood. I think I should like it, because it’s one of the Buchanan books, but I don’t know yet, as I’m only 40 pages in. And the third is a non-fiction called So Many Books, So Little Time by Sara Nelson. I like it, but tend to read it in small doses, one chapter at a time.





So that is my time these days. Working, knitting, and reading. Good times. It’s a quiet life, but it is working for me.








No comments: