Monday, October 24, 2005

holiday knitting pics

I finally have some pictures of things to post from my trip. It took a while to get up the energy to do this. Not much knitting going on either, as I’m still fighting with this cold. But it seems that I’m not the only one that got kick pretty hard with this thing. And I guess it is my turn. I haven’t been sick since the spring, where as when I worked for the school board, I was sick every 2 weeks. What I don’t’ understand is now that I work from home and have little or no contact with people, should I be getting sick at all? I’m convinced it is that Saskatchewan air! (j/k J!)

First is the new sock of the month kit from this month. I love the color of this opal, and it is an interesting pattern (or non-pattern) to watch develop. And easy instructions to follow. Funny, but it’s not as soft as I remember the other one being, but I could be confused. I don’t know if you can see, but it has a rib pattern with tiny holes (yo’s) in between. The only thing I’m not sure about is the fit when they are done, but I’m going on faith here. If it doesn’t work, I have a friend with bigger feet then me, and a mom with smaller, so someone will enjoy. *grin*



Then I managed to finished one of hubby’s wrist warmers. It is made of green anti tickle. (read down for info on anti tickle and pattern, I’m lazy) (sorry about blurry picture, dh was rushing me out the door for celebration supper for his new job) I have cast on and done about an inch of the second, but let me tell you, I am starting to get bored of wrist warmers…



Last is a fly-by-my-pants-lets-try-circular-needles-again, sock. I love the colors, they scream fall to me (although the yellow is a little brighter here). I’m using koigu kpppm for the first time, and am loving it! (Oh, let’s face it, I just love sock yarn, ask my DH who can no longer get into the spare room) :D I hope it wears nicely. I only wish I could remember where I got it. I really must start writing these things down.



I’m reading Anyone But Him by Sheila O'Flanagan. It’s a nice fat Irish sappy story…

Anyhow, these have been my knitting adventures, and hope that it snows soon (did I say that?) so I have more reason to stay in and knit…

No comments: