Friday, December 30, 2011

Killer Insight


Title: Killer Insight

Author: Victoria Laurie

Date Finished: November 23, 2011

Personal Book Count: 43 out of 75

Rating: 4.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: mystery/ paranormal

First Line: As I looked down the barrel of the .38 pointed at my chest, and into the familiar eyes of my killer, all I could think was, I'm a friggin'psychic, for Pete's sake!

Why did I pick this book?: next one in this series.

Summary and Review: taken from the author's website-

When a childhood friend of Abby's from Denver, Colorado, finds herself short one bridesmaid, it doesn't take a professional psychic to see the opportunity for a much-needed getaway. But one bridesmaid after the next is mysteriously flying the coop, and Abby's intuition tells her their final destination isn't pretty. With the wedding party falling apart and her gift of sight never quite so foggy, Abby has to save the date-and herself from becoming the next taffeta-clad target.”

I love these books. I love the relationship, or lack there of in this case, between her and Dutch. I kind of like that this one branched out into a new setting, and allowed us to meet some new characters, while bringing a few old favorites along with her. It drives me nuts that when her 'radar' goes off, and she is busy, she ignores it. Hasn't she learned by now? Don't you think that after living with it all her life, she would know that maybe she should stop and listen. But then, it really wouldn't be as interesting a story, would it? I like that these are mysteries, and you have the ability to guess. (if you know me, you know that I HATE a mystery where who done it randomly pops in at the end, with no previous clues). This is a cozy, quick and easy read. Laurie has a great sense of humor, and I find these a fun way to spend the weekend. =D

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D


No comments: