Monday, October 24, 2011

The Reckoning


Title: The Reckoning

Author: Kelley Armstrong

Date Finished: September 28, 2011

Personal Book Count: 34 out of 75

Rating: 4 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: young adult/ paranormal

First Line: After four nights on the run, I was finally safe, tucked into bed and enjoying the deep, dreamless sleep of the dead... until the dead decided they'd really rather have me awake.

Why did I pick this book?: third in the trilogy.

Summary and Review: taken from the author's website-

*SPOILERS*

My name is Chloe Saunders. I’m fifteen, and I would love to be normal.

But normal is one thing I’m not.

For one thing, I’m having these feelings for a certain antisocial werewolf and his sweet-tempered brother–who just happens to be a sorcerer–but, between you and me, I’m leaning toward the werewolf.

Not normal.

My friends and I are also on the run from an evil corporation that wants to get rid of us…permanently.

Definitely not normal.

And finally, I’m a genetically altered necromancer who can raise the dead, rotting corpses and all, without even trying.

As far away from normal as it gets.”

I don't think you can write a review like this, so far in the series, when so much has happened, when a book depends so heavily on the others. Hopefully if you haven't read the first two, you won't read any further. And if you do, it's at your own risk. :P What can I say about this that hasn't been said? I'm not the first to read these, and certainly not the last (I hope, I think they were great!). I still like the characters. I still like the story line. I like that Chloe finally resolved her 3 way love triangle. I like that getting adults involved didn't solve everything. In fact, it messed things up as much as anything. I like that we had closure on a lot of the story lines, if not all of them. (even if I was happy with the way they all resolved.) The adventure was great, and as realistic as it can be in this type of book. Setting was interesting, and always changing. For some reason I really liked it. It really worked in this book. I know this is a weak review, it is very vague, but it's hard to do without TOO many spoilers. I feel like I have talked about most of this for the first two books. My advice? If you have read the first two, don't miss this one. If you haven't, go start at the beginning. It was a great ride. =DA

*END SPOILERS*

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D


No comments: