Monday, August 08, 2011

it's monday! what are you reading? (aug. 8)


It’s Monday, what are you reading? is hosted by Sheila over at Book Journey.

I didn’t manage a whole lot of reading this weekend (DH sucked me into video game world…) but I did manage to finish Sarah’s Key by Tatiana De Rosnay. A friend said it was the most depressing book ever. I don’t think I agree. While it’s sad, it is beautifully written, and there is always an underlying hope, and I think that is what kept me turning pages.

The audio version of The Help by Kathryn Stockett came in to the library. I am only on about chapter 2, but already I am enjoying it way more than I did the book. Now to carve more time out of my day to listen… I am also still working on Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase for my kindle read, and am finding myself quite surprised at how much I am enjoying it. I think I have said I am generally not a fan of historical books, but I am not feeling overwhelmed by it in this. I am really enjoying the humor and the witty banter and the humorous situation the 2 main characters keep finding them selves in. I can see why it made the Top 100 Romance List (although I’m not sure I would have put it at the top ).

Unfortunately this week, I didn’t quite make it to Strawberry Shortcake Murder by Joanne Fluke, so it is still next up on deck for my paper book. Now, to just figure out how to juggle all 3 formats. =D

How do you make time in your day to listen to audio books?

If you want to play too, go to Sheila’s page and leave your link there, but also please let me know so I can come visit. Thx =D

No comments: