Thursday, April 07, 2011

midnight in death




MINI REVIEW

Title: Midnight in Death

Author: J.D. Robb

Date Finished: March 3, 2011

Personal Book Count: 10 out of 75 (think I need to step it up if I’m gonna make it)

Rating: 3 our of 5

Genre/ Subject: mystery

Why did I pick this book?: was looking for a mystery to read, and found this slim volume slid in with the hardcovers.

Summary and Review: An old arrest of Lt. Eve Dallas escapes from prison, and continues his crime spree, with his aim to capture, and punish Eve.

I found this book to be funny, but not as good as the full length novels. Many of my favorite characters were back (Peabody, Roarke, Mira, Feeney) but not so many that I was overwhelmed for such a short work. My big complaint would be that this one was not a mystery, as we knew who the bad guy was, it was just a matter of catching him. Still, a fun and enjoyable read.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: