Monday, December 20, 2010

The Chocolate Jewel Case


MINI REVIEW

Title: The Chocolate Jewel Case

Author: JoAnna Carl

Date Finished: October 14, 2010

Personal Book Count: 51 out of 100

Rating: 4 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: mystery

First Line: Just when I finally found fifteen minutes for myself, the dead man came to the door.

Why did I pick this book?: this is one of my favorite mystery series.

Summary and Review: from the authors website-

“Lee McKinney and Joe Woodyard have looked forward to the first summer of their married life as a romantic idyll. So they’re not prepared to deal with five house guests – two teen-aged girls, an ex-con, a tough guy who claims to be a bird watcher, and Joe’s much-married aunt. Plus, a major heat wave arrives, a potential disaster for TenHuis Chocolade. Then their neighbors are hit by a jewel theft, and a mysterious dead man is found floating in Lake Michigan. Lee has to act quickly to avoid another murder.”

I felt that this one was strong. Although I was missing some favorite regulars, there were many regulars returning, and some new interesting ‘characters’. I was afraid the dynamic could change now that Lee and Joe were married, but it seemed that the author did a good job with so many other characters of making it not all about the two of them. Interested to see if it can maintain the integrity and carry on with the tone through out the series. Nice cozy mystery, with lots of action.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: