Friday, October 22, 2010

Code Name Cassandra



MINI REVIEW

Title: Missing: Code Name Cassandra

Author: Meg Cabot writing as Jenny Carroll

Date Finished: September 20, 2010

Personal Book Count: 44 out of 100

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: young adult fiction

First Line: I don’t know why I’m doing this.

Why did I pick this book?: I am a fan of Meg Cabot, I was a big fan of the tv series, and I had read the first in the book series. (this is #2)

Summary and Review: In this book, Jess goes to be a councilor at bank camp with her best friend. One of her campers disappears, and she needs to track them down, with the FBI watching her every move. (she has told them she no longer has her powers, but they don’t believe her, so are trying to prove it)

I have to be honest. I struggled through the first book in this series. It seemed to take me forever to read. So much so it took me a lot longer then it should have to get to this book. But. I am a Cabot fan (how could I not be? She put my name in a book) and a fan of the tv series, so I wanted to see where she could take it. I’m glad I did. This one was fresh and fun a cute, and a fast read. I love the way she is kind of a good guy/bad girl character. How she outwits the FBI, and scares the kids into good behaviour, and at the same time being their friend. Definitely a teenager, but spunky with a sense of humour. Look forward to reading more in this series, and won’t leave it so long this time =D

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: