Monday, February 01, 2010

Black Flag, White Lies- mini review




Title: Black Flag, White Lies

Author: Jean Brashear

Date Finished: January 15, 2010

Personal Book Count: 5 out of 100

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: NASCAR Romance.

First Line: “Smolder for me, Will,” the photographer urged.

Why did I pick this book? : I love NASCAR and romances, and it was on I have on my shelf, I think I got it from bookmooch a while ago.

Summary and Review: I really enjoyed this one. It was a typical storyline I think. Boy meets girl, girl marries someone else (in this case, boy’s best friend), and then the rest of the book is about boy and girl trying to get back together again. But the great part is in the detail. It has a NASCAR setting, which is always a plus for me, but the pace, the dialog, and the characters were great. I think my favorite was Sam, the little boy, although the two main characters were well suited and had a great back and forth. I was honored when the author not only came by my blog, but left a comment. She told me she was working on a sequel involving the brother right now, and I can’t wait to read it!

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: