Monday, January 11, 2010

Snow in Love- mini-review




Title: Snow in Love


Author: Claire Ray


Date Finished: January 8, 2010


Personal Book Count: 3 out of 100


Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: Teen/ Romance

First Line: “So, my goal with your dress is total annihilation,” my best friend, Abby, said as she pushed a large spiral-bound sketch pad across the table.


Why did I pick this book? : This book was a gift I receive through the Santa Thing exchange on librarything.com from Cindy (thanks again!).


Review and Summary: This books was so sweet. It was Sweet Valley High meets some sort of foodie book. I love all the different ice-cream references. It made me hungry. Lol. Jessie lives in Alaska with her parents and works in the family ice-cream shop. It is winter break, and she finds herself in a love triangle. I love the humor and the characters that Ray writes. I would love to see a sequel. This book is amusing and appropriate (and I think relatable ) for teens and adults alike.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: