Friday, November 06, 2009

opportunity rings



Title: Opportunity Rings

Author: Sheryl Steinberg

Date Finished: August 20, 2009

Personal Book Count: 51 out of 100

Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: chick-lit

First Line: I hunger for a rose.

Summary: From the flap-

“Erica Swift may run the marketing department of Rockit Wireless, but she doesn’t know a heck of a lot about tech. That’s okay- she could sell stilettos to a nun. But after her husband announces that he’s leaving her for a older woman- who knew the pruney president of his company was a cougar?- Erica is forced to reboot her own life. Suddenly “disaster recovery” takes on a whole new meaning, as Erica fends off the attention of some very eligible bachelors, hits on a perfect plan to save Rockit’s new product launch, and hones her abysmal text- messaging skills.”

Why did I pick this book? : Received as an reading copy off Goodreads.

Review: Although I didn’t relate to this book, it was a cute read. Despite the fact that the main character Erica could annoy me, there were enough interesting supporting characters to carry my interest. In particular I liked Teddy, Erica’s assistant. I found the humor of their interactions added to the story. Each chapter begins with a multiple choice question, which helps set the tone for the book. I would recommend this read to people who are into the chick-lit genre. This one helped pass the time pleasantly.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: