Wednesday, May 06, 2009

knit two




Title: Knit Two


Author: Kate Jacobs


Date Finished: May 5, 2009


Personal Book Count: 36 out of 100


Rating: 3.5 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: fiction/ knitting

First Line: It was after hours at Walker and Daughter; Knitters, and Dakota stood in the center of the Manhattan yarn shop and wrestled with the cellophane tape.

Summery: This book picks up 5 years after The Friday Night Knitting Club left off, following the lives of the various members.


Why did I pick this book? : It was the sequel and I remember enjoying the first.


Review: It was ok. It took me a while to get in to. I found that I was very uninterested in half the characters. They weren’t relatable and I didn’t care. I thought of putting it down a few times. But then I reminded myself how much I enjoyed the first, and I requested it from the library for a reason, so I kept on. I was glad I did. Although a little predictable in it’s various storylines, it was an enjoyable journey. And although I never fully bought in to some of the characters, I found that I care about some of the people connected to them.

I wonder about a sequel. I had the last one pegged as a stand alone, after the way it ended… but the author surprised me, and was able to get another book out, but fast forwarding 5 years in the future. And it worked. Because there were characters of all age ranges, phases in life, professions, economic standing, and values, it was fascinating to see where they were. And how they had stayed together. Now, I wonder, where could they be in another 5 years? Because of the staggered generations, it could go on indefinitely. I hope one day Kate Jacobs see fit to write another one and show us. =D

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: