Sunday, April 19, 2009

End of event meme


1. Which hour was most daunting for you?

I think about 9:00 was the hardest, as I was up at 5:30, and not used to that, that is when it caught up to me…


2. Could you list a few high-interest books that you think could keep a Reader engaged for next year?

I liked Dear Mr. Henshaw. I know it’s for kids, but it was light and funny and short, and gave me a boost when I needed it…


3. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Not really, it was my first (to participate in) and it was a wonderful experience.


4. What do you think worked really well in this year’s Read-a-thon?

The cheerleaders did an AWSOME job


5. How many books did you read?

2 and was 25 pages short on my third


6. What were the names of the books you read?

Breaking dawn, Dear Mr. Henshaw, How Sweet It Is (almost finished)


7. Which book did you enjoy most?

Tough call, Sweet and Dear were both very good, but very different, but I really liked finishing breaking dawn (and the twilight series in general) this way I feel accomplished, and there is no let down…


8. Which did you enjoy least?

none


9. If you were a Cheerleader, do you have any advice for next year’s Cheerleaders?

n/a


10. How likely are you to participate in the Read-a-thon again? What role would you be likely to take next time?

I will 100% do it again, either as a cheerleader or a reader…

Once again, I wanna say that you to the organizer, cheerleader and fellow reader… you guy made this so much fun, and you all did so well in your rolls! Congrats!

This year was my first, and I found that having personal cheerleaders helped A LOT (thanks blair and jen). Also, it was so much fun to do it with a buddy. Reading is such a solitary thing, but it was fun to stop and blog together, and chat about our books, and what mini-challenges we were doing ect. Next year I’m going to pick more shorter books to give me a boost. And less snacks (I blame DH’s bad influence) and less coffee toward the end (that one is all me). Right now, I am really excited about how much I have to blog about in the next little while and how much closer I am to my challenge goals. Maybe I should do mini-readathons more regularly =D

Now, back to bed, 3 hours of sleep just isn’t cutting it…

5 comments:

Kailana said...

haha, I think most people are going to have lots of sleep to catch up on! Congrats on a successful read-a-thon!

Jen said...

Well done - have a great sleep.

Anonymous said...

Great job. This was my first time participating too. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I also enjoyed participating. Looking forward to the next one.

Anna said...

You did a great job considering Breaking Dawn is a huge book! Congrats!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Maree said...

Well done _ sounds like you had fun :)