Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Eclipse



Title: Eclipse

Author: Stephanie Meyer

Date Finished: April 1, 2009

Personal Book Count: 62 out of 100

Rating: 4 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: Young Adult

First Line: All our attempts at subterfuge had been in vain.

Summery: From the dust jacket-

“As Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob- knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella has one more decision to make: life or death. But which is which?”

Why did I pick this book? : It is the sequel to Twilight and New Moon. And I’m hooked…

Review: I don’t’ know that I have much to add, after my last 2 reviews. Yes, it was an enjoyable, non-thinking, escapism read. Not sure how I feel about the end yet, but I just finished it, so I may have to wait till I have had some time to think it over. Or I may not know how I feel until I read the beginning of the next one.

*Possible Minor Spoilers* The one thing that did bother me was the suddenness of Jacobs possessiveness. He was offensive and mocking, not the kind, gentle Jake I had thought of him as. And the way he manipulated her through out the book, and everybody let him. Kiss me or I’ll make sure the vampires kill me? What the heck is that? *End*

I actually liked his character up until the beginning of this book. Now I’m offended and put off, more so then I ever was with Edward. And I like Bella more again in this one. She showed some maturity, and respect. I wish I could give more examples to back that up, but the way the books are set up, I am afraid that I would ruin too much, so all I can say is read them and tell me if you agree with me.

I am on the waiting list for the next one at the library. This is both good and bad. On one hand, how can I wait to find out what happens? And on the other, it forces me to slow down, and maybe do other things in my life other then read. I hope it’s a satisfying ending. I don’t know what I’ll do when the series is over…=D

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

1 comment:

Jules said...

Found this through Glue. I also thought Jacob was being a bit....creepy. Do you find her characters suddenly have drastic character/personality changes, with little character building etc>