Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Amazon Haul (or what I will soon be reading ;D)

Good mail day. My order from Amazon arrived. (actually in the spirit of full disclosure, DH picked it up at the PO last night. But that is another, LONG story.) And good timing too, as it seems to be BLIZZARD-ING (yes, I love that word) today. Wanna see what I got?

The first is The Ghost and Mrs. McClure by Alice Kimberly. A mystery that takes place in a bookstore. Perfect for me, no? Can’t believe I haven’t read this one yet. It is the first in a series, and I’m sure many more will be coming home.





Next is No Plot? No Problem! by Chris Baty, founder of NaNoWriMo (link). I had taken the one copy out of the library about a month ago. But then I had to take it back, and didn’t feel like waiting another 3 months to get it back. I had fallen in love with the format and his humour, and so decided, what the heck? I had an order going in, so I would tack this on.





A couple months ago, I met a friend for lunch, and she was reading Chicken Soup for the NASCAR Soul (another perfect one for me). Being the NASCAR fan I am, I hade to have it. I have been stocking all the local second hand shops, without and luck. They had every other CS book but. That made this one another one I felt justified adding. I mean, I tried, right? ;)





And the last… well, I’m not sure about the last. It is called “Paper Engineering & Pop-ups for Dummies”. I am a huge fan of for dummies books. This one, they sent out an add for a while ago, and I couldn’t resist. I was a big origami addict as a teen, as so after I read the description, I had to give it a try.





Heh. That is all. But. Already I am planning my next order. So what do you think? Does any of it sound interesting? Like something you would try? Maybe you have, what did you think? Any suggestions for my NEXT order? (like I need help)

No comments: