Saturday, March 28, 2009

Annie's Adventures



Title: The Sisters 8: Annie’s Adventures (book 1)

Author: Lauren Baratz- Logsted with Greg Logsted and Jackie Logsted

Date Finished: March 26, 2009

Personal Book Count: 24 out of 100

Rating: 3 out of 10

Genre/ Subject: Children’s fiction

First Line: It was New Year’s Eve 2007, approximately ten o’clock, and we were just getting ready to celebrate Christmas.

Summery: From the back cover-

“The story begins.

On New Year’s Eve, eight sisters- octuplets- wait for Mommy to come back from the kitchen with eggnog and Daddy to come back for the shed with more wood for the fire.

But they- Mommy and Daddy- don’t. Come back. Ever.

It takes the sisters a few minutes to notice, but when they do it’s just as one would expect. Disbelief! Outrage! Despair! Then a note appears, explaining that each girl has a power and a gift. They all must find theirs and learn what happened to Mommy and Daddy.

So that’s how the story begins. How does it end? Enter the world of the Sisters Eight to find out…”

Why did I pick this book? : It was one I had heard of through the blogs and then bookmooched.

Review: I liked it. Octuplets. Very timely. Logical progression of events. Enough open-ended mysteries to make me want to read the next one. Enough lose ends tied up that I felt I had some closure. The octuplets had unique enough personalities, I didn’t feel like I was struggling to keep them straight.

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: