Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Tough Cookie



Title: Tough Cookie

Author: Diane Mott Davidson

Date Finished: February 24, 2009

Personal Book Count: 18 out of 100

Rating: 4 out of 5

Genre/ Subject: mystery

First Line: Show business and death don’t mix.

Summery: Goldie has taken a job hosting a cooking show, which films at a ski resort. When she gets separated from an old flame with who she was skiing, he turns up dead.

Why did I pick this book? : It was the next in the series.

Review: This series has grown, and I like the changes it’s making. Not only has Goldie and her family grown and changed, she has ‘matured’ too. She doesn’t do (as many) stupid things as she used to (I equate it to the girl that goes by herself down in to the dark basement in a horror movie.). I think Tom has been a good influence on her. And yet they are not less interesting, and there is not less action. For a caterer she gets sucked in to a lot. I like that they are light, fast reads. It bothered me a little that this one (and I think the last one) were ‘out of town’. But I guess there can only be so many murders in one small town before it get hokey. And it’s as good of way as any other to get new blood (no pun intended) into a series. Definitely and addict, and will definitely be finishing the series. =D

Agree? Disagree? Recommendations? Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. If you have read this and/ or review it yourself, please let me know. Can you think of any books like this? Give me a recommendation! =D

No comments: