Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Christmas Carol- Charles Dickens



Title: A Christmas Carol

Author: Charles Dickens

Date Finished: December 17, 2008

Personal Book Count: 75/ 100

Rating: 4/5

Genre/ Subject: Classic/ Christmas

First Line: Marley was dead, to begin with.

Summery: Really? Do you need this? Old miser is visited by 3 spirits on Christmas eve, and it’s a life changing experience.

Why did I pick this book? : I picked this book, because I had never read any Dickens, and thought this was a good place to start. It was short, and a seasonal read.

Review: I liked it. I like the language. It made me slow down and appreciate it. I knew the story, but I was surprised at how much I didn’t know (mostly little things). It was what I would class as a comfort read. I don’t think I would read it every year (but I don’t tend to read books twice) but I will definitely be reading more Dickens.

Any insights, suggestions, or comments on the book or format, or blog at all are most welcome. =D

No comments: