Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Well, a lot has been happening. I had decided that I would get a job. The first question everybody asks is if I need money. The answer is no. I need contact with real humans again, not just the ones I meet through business in cyberspace. I want to get out of the house every once in a while. And I need something to do with my time. The business is in a place right now where it doesn’t have to be a full time job. It can chug along pretty happily with minimum to moderate effort from me. I even went out on a few interviews.

But now I’m thinking I may take a different track. I think I’m going to look into volunteering in the library, either at one of the schools I used to work at, or one close to home. It is what I was training to do, before I switched tracks and I think it would get me out of the house and fulfill my need for human contact.

Then to challenge myself, I’m thinking about taking some classes. I thought about taking some knitting, or spinning, or carding or sewing classes (maybe even baking or cake decorating? photography? Clay? Sushi making?), but now I think I’m leaning toward something more long term and ‘work’ based as opposed to ‘fun’ based. I was thinking nursing, but now I think I’m leaning toward, either dog grooming or hairdressing. Yeah, basically, I guess I’m really not sure where I’m going.

Thanksgiving here was pretty quiet. Everyone was out of town, as we were supposed to be, but that fell through. Basically it passed unacknowledged.

I did manage to twist my knee that weekend in the kitchen though, so I had about 2 weeks of doing not much, as it hurt to leave the house, and my house is all stairs. I got a ton of reading done though, so not all was lost. I guess I never really slow down myself, so being forced to was a good thing, and I actually found myself enjoying the time for a while. Then I got bored. ;)

Also, I have been doing some knitting, but mostly for my RAK group. Most of my free time has been spent crocheting Christmas gifts.

I think I am into and ready for Christmas this year, so it’s going to be a lot more enjoyable this year. I find myself actually looking forward to it. I hope it sticks, so it isn’t as over the top stressful as last year.

So I guess, that is all. It doesn’t sound like much, but for now, it’s enough. =D

No comments: