Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sometimes I can’t believe they let me leave the house! Ok, so I didn’t get in as much 'trouble' as I could have, and man it was fun!

We (my friend S, DH and I) were supposed to go have dim sum for brunch on Sunday, but the restaurant was closed, so we postponed it until next month. Instead we landed up at Brewster’s off Eau Claire. It was ok. I thought it a little expensive, and didn’t feel like I got what I paid for (quality), but whatever. I admit that at least part of that is my fault, as I have never been one of those people who can stand up for themselves and send something back, I feel like I am making a fuss.

So after that, we went exploring. We went to two new yarn stores I had never been in Make One Yarns and Pudding Yarns (sorry, I couldn’t find a link) the ladies in both stores were kind and helpful and attentive. M1Y even gave me coffee while I browsed! Let me tell you, that was my seventh heaven! Coffee and yarn! Throw in a couple of good books, and I may have moved in! Wanna see what I came home with?




Much yarny, yummy goodness! I walked around all day, just petting my purchases(please tell me I’m not the only one that does this) and the Lorna’s Laces Angel has taken up permanent residence on my coffee table.(and that is only because DH won’t let me bring it to bed!) This baby isn’t gonna be ‘stashed’.

Good day, with good friends, mediocre food, and great yarn and decent weather.

If you have a chance, head over and give Gina some love. Her Sunday wasn’t nearly as good as mine. She really needs some good vibes.

Reading: Inkheart- by Cornelia Funk
Watching: Rent

No comments: