Saturday, March 04, 2006

Gina and I met at the LYS yesterday for some tea and sock knitting. It had been a while since I had seen her, and it was time for a good visit. I had made a titbit for her, and it was a good excuse to meet for a chat. Besides, do we need excuses for stash enhancement? I think not!

Wanna see what I bought? Part of it is exciting, part of it is not, and part you can’t see, cause it’s for a secret pal needle exchange. Sorry.

Here is the exciting part…



It is Noro Silk, and I have wound it in to balls. Don’t you love the way that the colors make yummy looking layers? It going to be one of the five-sided (pinwheel) purses. I think the colors will look neat when they are striped in to triangles…

Side note: I have caught myself saying the word ‘neat’ a lot lately. Now, as far as words to say go, it’s not that bad. I don’t think it’s irritating any one else but me, or even that any one else has noticed, but I think in the not too distant future, it could drive me crazy. So, if you hear me saying it, could you poke me with your DPN? Please? Maybe that will help…

I also bought bamboo dpns and other needles, but one wasn’t exciting enough to take a picture of, and the other is a secret. When my pal gets her package, maybe I’ll post a link.

Also hit Michael’s and bought some cotton, probably for a dish towel and a couple things for a name tag. I’m still on my quest for something creative, but a little more complicated then a child would make. If you have any ideas…

Going to Vertigo Theater tonight… think I can get away with taking my knitting? ;)

Watching: Godfather, Batman Begins, maybe the Maltese Falcon

Reading: Vinegar Hill (Ansay), 1984 (Orwell)

Listening:Road to Oz

No comments: