Monday, February 20, 2006

I have been so busy this weekend, knitting and reading everyone else’s blog, that I realized I haven’t updated mine…

We are having a three day weekend here, and despite the fact it isn’t too cold, DH and I decided that we would batten down the hatches and have a quiet weekend. (Read: lots of time for movies, reading and knitting.)

We watched Hotel Rwanda, although not a movie we would normally watch, it was very powerful. A good strong story, well presented, and had a big impact on both of us. I don’t think I would watch it twice, but I’m very glad I watched it once. Definitely have to be ready for it, and not for kids or a Friday night date.

We also watched Two for the Money . I have to say, I didn’t really get it. Between the sports and the betting stuff, it was more my DH’s thing I think. Of course, I’m not complaining that I had to stare at Matthew McConaughey for 2 hours. ;)

Oh yeah, knitting…

I finished my panta it was a nice quick knit, and I’m please with the way it turned out. I think I’ll be wearing this one a lot.



*photo blurred to protect the innocent… ;)

Also finished the pieces for my mystery project #2



Then yesterday I started working on my MIL birthday gift. It’s in July, am I organized or what?



She collects teddy bears and carrousel horses, can you guess which one this is? Tee hee hee. I am used a patons pattern I bought a few years ago, and some snowflake I got when a LYS was going out of business. I really lke the snow flake for this, because it give it a soft, fluffy feel. It’s a pretty fast project.

Other then that I’ve just been doing a little house keeping around these parts. I know, life is quiet and a little boring, just the way I like it… :)

No comments: