Sunday, December 18, 2005

busy, busy

I have been staying busy the last couple of days. Thursday, I slacked off work (a little) and made a "scarf in a day". Loosely based on yarn harlot's scarf "pattern". I really like the way it turned out, and it knit up super quick with chunky, and gave me a break from struggling through my second sock… now I just have to decide who is going to get it.



Also on Thursday, I received my Interweave Knits magazine . There are a few things in it I would make. But it’s going to have to wait until the new year I’m afraid.



Friday I got drop-kicked by a migraine and divided my time between the bedroom and the bathroom. I get the kind of migraines that affect your stomach. At least the dog was happy to get a whole cuddle day in bed with me. I was lucky, and this one passed fairly quickly (about 10 hours).

Saturday was spent on errands, baking cookies, and at the in-laws for Christmas Chinese food and a visit. We saw the last 20 minutes of the penguin movie. I would say worth the rent, but sad. I defiantly (finally) see what the hubbub is about.

Realized this morning I never took a picture of nephew's Christmas slippers felted, so here we go...



I like the way they turned out, but I still need to pick some of the extra fuzzy's off.

Today was spent with more baking, more errands, and a movie. We watched Robots and I worked on my sock. I'm up to the gusset. It may be done in time for Christmas. Robots, hubby liked, I'm not sure if it's worth the rental. Tonight, the dog is going in for a partial hair cut. On one hand, it's too cold for the poor guy to be hairless. On the other, he has so much hair right now he can't see. It's growing up and down in front of his eyes. He is going to have his head shaved, and his body left. We are calling it his Christmas Cut. If he looks really goofy, I'll post pictures in the next couple of days...

No comments: